Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"I spoke to the guy and am waiting for a reply"

This is what I heard about a week and a half ago (if that is really the amount of time, I think longer) from the overseas coordinator for Israel Experience Magen David Adom. Thankfully, I am now in touch with someone else at the Haifa base and I hope that in the coming week I will be able to get on an Israeli ambulance, even if it is only for 3 or 4 weeks. The kicker here is that when speaking with this guy at MDA he asked for my First Responder course completion certificate...I didn't get one. When I passed the test at the main office of the Israel Experience MDA program, they said "you passed, just call later in the week to complete the Hebrew portion and you will get on the ambulance that week, oh and here is your uniform"...oh how wrong they were! Two weeks later I finally got them to pick up their phones and have me take the Hebrew portion...needless to say I passed that portion too. Now the waiting game continues and with only a few more weeks left in Israel, I am not giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment